There will be a full card of live horse racing and free t-shirts for the first 5,000 paid admissions. There will also be live music, a kids’ fun park, and a barbecue tent.
Opening day’s feature race will be the $30,000 Bienvenidos Stakes
Gates open at 11am and the first post time is 12:55. As always Grandstand admission is $2 and general parking is free.
Fans can watch and wager on races locally as well as on simulcasts from major racetracks from around the country.
Turf Paradise’s 61st seasons runs from October 15th to May 7th. Turf Paradise, located at 19th Ave and Bell Road, first opened its doors in 1956 and has operated at the same location ever since. It has maintained Arizona’s horse racing tradition for more than six decades.
There are 35 stakes races this season. They include the $75,000 Cotton Fitzsimmons Mile (Jan. 14) the $75,000 Phoenix Gold Cup (Feb. 11), and the $50,000 Turf Paradise Derby (Feb. 20).
Opening day is just the beginning. The season also includes:
- Special Fiesta Sundays throughout the season featuring Mexican food and music
- Breeders Cup Party November 5th
- A Thanksgiving Weekend Party
- 61st Anniversary Party featuring the $75,000 Cotton Fitzsimmons Mile January 14th
- Super Saturday February 11th
- Wiener Dog Races March 11th
- Camel and Ostrich Races March 25th
- Kentucky Derby Party May 6th
Who: Turf Paradise
What: Opening Day at Turf Paradise
When: October 15th Gates open at 11a.m.
Where: Turf Paradise 1501 West Bell Road
Why: To start the 61st season of horseracing in Arizona
How Much: Grandstand admission is just $2
More Info: Call (602) 942-1101/ Online www.turfparadise.com